No A/C? No problem! The only part of this that requires the stove top is the brown rice. Cook a double batch on the weekend and you won’t need to cook for another couple of days.
Makes 3 serves.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- shelled edamame beans
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado (1/4-1/3 per serve)
- other raw veggies as desired / sitting around
- sunflower seeds
- honey soy sauce (see instructions below)
Put the brown rice on to cook (good instructions here). While the rice is cooking, prepare the toppings and make the dressing.
Honey soy sauce:
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Combine ingredients in a jar. Screw lid on tight and shake to combine.
When rice is done, spoon into bowls and add toppings. Drizzle on dressing to taste.